Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android [Fixed]
A few days back, I came across a strange error in my Android phone while sending a message to someone. The error stated, “Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android“. For a while, I was surprised and tried once again but the result came out to be the same. So, I opened up my laptop and started searching for this error. After wandering around various forums and a few trial methods, I was able to solve this issue. Also, I also came to know that many people are also facing the same issue in their android phone. So, I will be sharing a detailed tutorial to Fix Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android Phones. In addition, I will also share the causes of this error.
Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android Phones:
This is one of the common error which can be seen in OnePlus, Moto G5, Pixel, Nokia, Nexus, Lenovo and Asus Phones. However, it is irrelevant of the network you are using, be it Airtel, Idea, AT&T, or Vodafone; you can be a victim of this issue. In this error, all the functions of the phone like Calling, receiving messages, Volte, internet connecting, etc will work just fine but you won’t be able to send messages. This issue can be due to a minor glitch or due to a misconfiguration in your android phone. There can be various causes of this error. But don’t worry! I will be sharing multiple solutions depending upon the real cause to Fix Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android Phones.
Causes of Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly Error:
There are multiple causes of this error. I have listed some of the causes as below.
- This issue can arise due to a network problem.
- You can also see this error if you are trying to send messages to a corrupt contact or wrong phone number.
- This error can be mostly seen in the Stock Messaging app.
- You may also face this issue if there is any misconfiguration in the SMS Message Center number (SMSC).
- Some users have claimed that they were seeing this issue as school/college/office email id was set as the primary account in their android phone.
- It may also be caused if you’re out of balance or sending SMS is not in your Validity Pack.
These were some of the causes of this error. Now, let’s see the Solutions to Fix Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly Error.
Solutions to Fix Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly Error:
There are Solutions to Fix Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly Error depending upon the causes. They are as listed below.
Solution 1 – Make sure you have a stable network connection:
Check if you are having a good network connection or else it would create problems. Many times, people try sending texts and they do not have stable connectivity which as a result shows error message like this. However, if everything seems fine and you still see this error then follow the below solutions.
Solution 2 – Check if the Phone Number is Correct:
Make sure the number to which you are sending SMS is not corrupted. Delete the contact and save it again, then try sending SMS. See if it helps.
It would be better if you manually enter the contact number instead of using the contact card. If the issue still persists, then check if you are seeing this error for a particular contact. If not, then follow the below solutions to Fix Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly.
Solution 3 – Try clearing the Cache and Data of Phone app and Carrier Services:
Follow the below steps to know how to clear the cache and data of an app.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Apps or Application Manager option.
- Now, scroll right further to open All tab.
- Now, scroll down and look for the Phone app. Click on it.
- Here, you will see two buttons – 1. Clear Cache and 2. Clear Data. Click on them in the given sequence.
- Now, go back and look for the Google Services app. Follow the same above steps for them too.
Now, try sending text and see if it helps. If not, then follow the below solutions.
Solution 4 – Try changing the Default SMS app:
If you’re using a Stock android, then you may see this error most often. So, instead of using the default Stock SMS app, try using any other messaging app and see if it helps. If not, then follow the below solutions.
Solution 5 – Configure SMS Message Center number (SMSC):
Many users have claimed to Solve Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly issue by this method. To know How to Configure SMCS, follow the below steps.
- The SMSC is somewhat hidden in your phone. So, to open it, dial *#*#4636#*#* in your phone.
- It will open a Testing page with three options. Select Phone information.
- Now, you will see a lot of information about your phone. Scroll down until you see SMSC option as seen in the below image.
- Here, enter the SMS center number of your network provider within inverted comma/quotes and click on the Update button as shown in the below image. In my case, it itself added a comma and 145 after it.
Now, go back and see if it works for you. If not, then follow the below solutions.
Solution 6 – Change your Primary Google Account:
I have read it in a forum that a user was facing this issue as he had linked his college account as the primary account in his android phone. After changing it to a Google-specific account, the error got vanished. So, you could also try it and see if it helps. If you still see the error, then follow the below solutions.
Solution 7 – Recharge your Telecom Account:
As I have mentioned above, you may see this error if you’re out of balance or sending SMS is not in your Validity Pack. You may also face this issue if you are on roaming and sending SMS is not included in your plan. So, it’s always wise to have some balance in your account. Just top-up your account and see if helps you to Fix Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android.
If you still see the error, then follow the last solution mentioned below.
Solution 8 – Contact your Operator:
If none of the solutions worked for you, then it’s best to contact your operator and see what is causing the issue. If there is any problem with the settings or if you have been blocked, they will surely be able to help you out.
It’s all for now, friends. It’s time to say adieu! I hope this article “Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android [Fixed]” was helpful to you. If my efforts managed to help you, then do share this article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. Also, do not forget to Subscribe us to receive more useful articles via email. If you have any further questions regarding How to Fix Message Not Sent Phone Number Formatted Incorrectly in Android, feel free to ask me by commenting below. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. See you again! 🙂