How To Install & Use Genymotion Google Play Services
How To Install & Use Genymotion Google Play Services: As you all know, Genymotion is an Android emulator which contains a whole set of features and sensors in order to interact with a virtual android environment. But one of the most-prominent feature which Genymotion lack is Google Play Services. Therefore, you cannot use Google Play based apps on Genymotion officially. I guess, it is due to some policy issues that Google has not extended their services to emulators like Genymotion. And as we all know that Google continues to increase their functionality in their services, not having to use Genymotion Google Play Services is really a serious problem. But you do not have to worry about it now because I will be sharing a simple trick to install & use Genymotion Google Play Services in this tutorial.
How to Install & Use Genymotion Google Play Services:
Luckily, adding Google Play Store on Genymotion is a fast and easy process. Just follow the below steps and you will be successfully able to Install & Use Google Play Services on Genymotion.
NOTE: This tutorial assumes that you have already installed Genymotion and VirtualBox in your Mac or Windows PC. If not, then refer to this tutorial – How To Install & Play Clash Of Clans on Mac using Genymotion. I have explained the installation procedure of Genymotion in this tutorial.
- At first, download Genymotion ARM Translation from the below link. Drag & drop the downloaded zip file (do not extract) to Genymotion Home Screen in order to install it. [Skip this step if you have already installed ARM Translation in Genymotion].
- You will see a message screen like below screenshot once you drag & drop the file. Just click on OK button.
- Once the installation completes, it will ask you to restart the virtual device. To do so, click on OK button, go to command line and type adb reboot to reboot the device. (Do not close and relaunch the virtual device. It may sometimes lead to unstable behavior).
- Now, start Genymotion and open Virtual device creation wizard. Now, choose Google Galaxy Nexus – 4.3 – API 18 – 720×1280 option as shown in the below image. [Skip this step if you have already configured it].
- Now, Download Genymotion Google Play Services zip file (for Jelly Bean) from the below link.
- Once the download completes, drag & drop the zip file (do not extract) in to the Home Screen of Genymotion. You will see a message screen like in the below screenshot. Just click on OK button.
- Once the file is flashed into your virtual device, you will see a message screen like below screenshot. Click on OK button and reboot your virtual device.
- Now, once rebooted, you will see the Google Play Store icon at the Home Screen.
That’s it. You’re done. You have successfully installed Genymotion Google Play Services in your PC. But, while using Google Play Services on Genymotion, you will most probably be seeing a message screen stating “Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped” error on your PC.
Do not worry about it. It is just popping up because you have just installed an outdated version of gapps and is not compatible with latest Genymotion ROM. 😛 So, to fix it follow below steps.
Steps to Fix Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped Error on Genymotion:
- At first login to Google Play. To do so, open Settings on the virtual device of your Android OS.
- Now, go to Accounts Section and click on Add Account option. Select Google option.
- Now, move forward with standard Google Account Setup options.
- Once it is configured, your Google account will be linked to Google Play Store.
- Now, open Google Play Store and update all the apps especially Google Play Services.
That’s it. You’re done. You would now notice that Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped error on Genymotion is fixed. You can now use Genymotion Google Play Services without any problem.
It’s time to say adieu! I hope you would be able to Install & Use Genymotion Google Play Services now. I have also shared a solution to fix Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped error on Genymotion. If you liked this tutorial, do share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. Do not forget to Subscribe us to get more useful tutorial via email. If you have any further questions regarding How To Install & Use Genymotion Google Play Services, feel free to ask me by commenting below. See you next time. 🙂