Android Error 919 – Unknown Error Code During Application Install: Fixed
Android Error 919 – Unknown Error Code During Application Install: Some android users are complaining about error 919 during the installation or updation of app from Google Play Store. In this error, when a user tries to install a new app or update an old app from Google Play Store, a pop up error comes on the screen displaying “Unknown Error Code During Application Install: 919“. It may occur with a single app or with all the apps. It usually arises when the update or download becomes 100% but interrupts during install of the app. If you are also facing this Android Error 919 – Unknown Error Code During Application Install, do not worry anymore. Just follow below solutions to fix error 919 in your android phone.
Causes of Android Error 919 in Google Play Store:
Following are some of the possible causes of android error 919 in Google Play Store –
- Your android phone does not have enough free space in your phone’s internal storage (at least double the size of the app file).
- You haven’t clear the cache of Google Play Store since long time. So, it can accumulate and exceed the RAM limit.
- The app file which you have downloaded from Google Play Store is corrupted.
- Internet connection problem can also be one of the issue of android error 919.
Now, let’s move forward to the core topic, that is, How to Fix/Solve Error 919 in Google Play Store while Installing Apps.
How to Fix/Solve Error 919 in Google Play Store while Installing Apps:
There are four solutions to fix/solve error 919 in Google Play Store while installing apps:
Solution 1 – Check your Phone memory and Clear Cache:
At first, check the storage of your phone’s memory. If you see there is very less space left in your phone’s memory, free up the space by uninstalling unwanted apps, by transferring some of the apps to SD card or deleting some of the files from your phone’s memory. Now, clear your cache as mentioned in the below steps:
- Click on Settings icon.
- Then, click on Applications and tap on All tab.
- Now, search for Google Play Store from the list and click on it.
- Here, you will find two buttons Clear Cache and Clear Data. Click on them one after the other.
- Now, go back to Applications and search for Download Manager from the list and click on it.
- Here, click on Clear data button.
- Now, return to Home screen and launch Google Play Store and try to install or update the app.
Most of the time this solution would fix/solve error 919 in Google Play Store while installing apps. If not, then follow solution 2.
Solution 2 – Change your APN in Mobile Network Settings:
If you are using mobile data to install or update the app, then there may be a chance that your Access Point Name (APN) is the culprit. So, try changing it by following below steps.
- Navigate to Menu>>Settings>>Wireless and Networks>>Mobile Networks>>Access Point Names.
- Here, edit APN settings as per your friend’s APN settings with the same data carrier.
If Solution 2 is not helpful to you, try solution 3 to fix Android Error 919 – Unknown Error Code During Application Install.
Solution 3 – Use Different Internet Connection:
If Android Error 919 – Unknown Error Code During Application Install did not solve by solution 2, then try using different internet connection. Sometimes, your data carrier may bear network issues which can lead to error 919. Therefore, if you were earlier trying to install or update the app through mobile data, try it through Wi-Fi Network this time, or vice-versa.
Solution 4 – Factory Reset your phone (Last Option):
If any one the above methods did not help you to fix Error 919 in Google Play Store while Installing Apps, then factory resetting your phone is the last option. But keep in mind that it will erase all data from your phone as you have newly purchased it. So, better take a backup before following this solution. To factory reset your android phone, follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings>>Backup & Reset.
- Here you will see an option – Factory Data Reset. Click on it.
- Now, click on Reset Option. It will prompt to erase all data. Press Yes.
Your phone will now appear as you have newly purchased it (on software level). Now, go to Google Play Store and try installing the app.
DISCLAIMER NOTE: Factory Reset will wipe all data from your android phone. So, it is better to back up all your data at first or try it at your own risk. The admin of this website will not be held responsible for any loss.
I hope this article “Android Error 919 – Unknown Error Code During Application Install: Fixed” was helpful to you. Do share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. Do not forget to Subscribe us to get more useful article via email. If you have any further questions about How to Fix/Solve Error 919 in Google Play Store while Installing Apps, feel free to ask me by commenting below.
Time to say Goodbye! 😉