How To Root Moto G Android Phone – The Easiest Method [Tutorial]
How To Root Moto G Android Phone – The Easiest Method [Tutorial]: Moto G is the brand flagship smartphone of Motorola. It is the lesser version of Moto X which makes it suitable for mid-range budget android phone. Some of the general specs of Moto G includes 4.5 inch 720p hd display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It has 1.3 megapixel front camera and 5 megapixel rear camera. It also has strong hardware which includes 1.2 ghz snapdragon 400 processor and 1 GB RAM. Moto G first generation is currently running on Android 5.0 Lollipop and will get the next update soon. If you have limited budget and want to buy a worthy android phone, then go for Moto G without a second thought. Well, coming back to the main topic, the main reason behind writing this tutorial blog “How To Root Moto G Android Phone – The Easiest Method” is due to the demand of one of my visitor. One of my visitor recently asked me Can I know how to root my moto g first generation phone? So, here I am with the detailed procedure to root Moto G android phone.
Well, rooting your Moto G first generation will open up some administrator privileges. You can run root apps on your phone or flash custom ROM. But you should keep few disclaimer points in mind before rooting your phone.
- Rooting your android phone will void your warranty.
- You would not get Official updates from Motorola if you root your device. However, you can unroot or flash the updates anytime.
- Rooting your phone will not wipe your data but while unlocking the bootloader, it will wipe everything on your phone. So, backup all your important data before.
- Although, no damage would be caused to your phone if you follow the steps as mentioned but we are not responsible for any mishappening or misconfiguration caused to your phone after rooting.
Now, let’s begin with the tutorial to Root Moto G Android Phone (Moto G First Generation).
How To Root Moto G Android Phone (Moto G First Generation):
Rooting Motorola Moto G is a very easy job. It would not take more than 5-10 minutes to do so. Before going through the tutorial to root Moto G Android Phone, make sure you have the following things.
Things you need before rooting your Motorola Moto G Android Phone:
- A USB Cable.
- A Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Mac OS or Linux operated PC.
- A Motorola Moto G device with at least 70% charged battery.
- A tool called Superboot. [Download it from here]
Tutorial to Root Moto G Android Phone – The Easiest Method:
Follow the below steps to Root Moto G Android Phone.
Step 1: At first, you need to unlock the bootloader on your Moto G device. Unlocking the boatloader will wipe all your data, so make sure to backup all important data. You can unlock the bootloader by using the most famous protocol i.e. Fastboot. You can get it from Official Motorola Website [Link].
Step 2: Once you are done with the unlocking of bootloader procedure, download the Superboot file [Link]. After downloading it, extract it.
Step 3: Now, go to Settings>>Applications>>Development and enable USB debugging option in your Moto G device.
Step 4: Enter your Moto G device into bootloader mode by following the below steps.
Power Off your device. Then, turn on your phone by pressing the Volume down button. It will open the bootloader.
Step 5: Now, connect your Moto G device to your PC/Mac using USB Cable to root Moto G android phone.
Step 6: Select your OS. If you are using Windows, you don’t need to enter any command, just double-click on the file “Superboot-Windows.bat“. If you are on Linux or Mac, enter the commands as listed below.
- Mac: Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files and type chmod +x superboot-mac.sh followed by ./superboot-mac.sh command.
- Linux: Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files and type chmod +x superboot-linux.sh followed by ./superboot-linux.sh command.
Step 7: Once you are done with the above steps, reboot your Moto G device and go to the app drawer. Here, you will find Super Su installed. Grant it.
That’s it. You’re done. You have successfully rooted your Moto G android phone.
If you’re seeing a black screen or a bunch of multi-colored vertical lines along the screen, just hold the power button for about 10 seconds. It would reset the phone.
I hope you liked this rooting tutorial “How To Root Moto G Android Phone – The Easiest Method“. Do share your views and opinions below at the comment below. I will be happy to hear from you. Also feel free to contact me if you have any query regarding How To Root Moto G Android Phone. Do not forget to share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. To get more such interesting posts via email, Subscribe to our Newsletter. Till then, Ciao!