How To Request Refund from iTunes App Store Purchase
How To Request Refund from iTunes App Store Purchase: According to the iTunes App store policy, if your purchase is less than 90 days old and you have a valid reason for refund then apple could issue a refund to you. If you are thinking why would a person request refund from iTunes App store Purchase, then consider the following situations.
- Suppose you bought an app for your iPhone but after downloading the app you came to know it was for only iPad version. In this case, you could request a refund from apple.
- Sometimes, there are many titles of a game (remember Flappy Bird) on the iTunes store. So, if you got confused and bought a game which was not of your choice then apple would refund your purchase.
- If you ordered a HD movie from iTunes store and after the purchase you realize it is taking a lot more time to download than you expected. In that case, you can close the download and request for a refund.
- If you have two or more iTunes account and you purchased an app from the wrong account, then you can migrate the app to the respective account by requesting a refund from the earlier account.
- If you have a kid and he/she orders an app which is of no use to you, then you can request refund of the unauthorized app.
Therefore, if you are going through with one of the above situations and want to request refund from iTunes App store, do not hesitate to make a move. Well, if you don’t know how to do it, follow the given steps in the below section.
How To Request Refund from iTunes App Store Purchase:
Not many people know about the refund policy of iTunes app store and move on with the useless purchase. But do not have to worry about it anymore. Here is a detailed guide on How To Request Refund from iTunes App Store Purchase. But before requesting a refund from iTunes App store, make sure you fulfill the below two points:
- Make sure your purchase is not beyond 90 days.
- You must have a genuine and valid reason for refund.
Steps to Request Refund from iTunes App Store Purchase:
- At first, find the invoice receipt of your iTunes purchase. You will find Report a problem option on the receipt next to the name of the app, game, movie or song.
- Now, Sign-in with your Apple ID and choose an appropriate option from the drop-down menu that best illustrates your problem. There would be options like “I didn’t mean to purchase this item“, “I didn’t authorize this purchase” or “Item opens but doesn’t function as expected“. Choose any one of the best suitable option.
- The task from your side is finished. Wait for the reply from Apple team. It takes around 24-48 hours. If Apple team is satisfied with your reasoning, they will reverse the credit card charges and if not, they will deny your request for refund
IMPORTANT: If you are unable to use iTunes on your computer, go to reportaproblem.apple.com from your web browser to request refund from iTunes purchase
It’s time to say GoodBye, friends!! If you have something to say about your story, leave us a comment! If you have any query regarding the procedure to request refund from iTunes App Store purchase, drop me your doubts through comment box. I will get back to you as soon as possible. I hope you liked this article “How To Request Refund from iTunes App Store Purchase“. Also, do not forget to share this blog with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or any other social Profiles. Thank You!