Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch [Fixed]
I have already discussed about How To Fix Netflix Error on iPhone & iPad, but there is a lot of buzz about Netflix error 1012 too. During this error, whenever a user tries to login to his/her Netflix account, it replies back with the error message – “There is a problem connecting to Netflix. Please try again later (1012)“. If you are also facing the same problem while connecting to Netflix server, do not worry. Here are some easy solutions to Fix Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. But, before that let’s have a look at some of the causes of Netflix Error 1012 on iOS devices.
Causes of Error 1012 on iOS Devices:
- It can arise due to an issue with the Netflix app itself.
- It can arise if you have entered wrong login credentials.
- You can face Netflix error 1012 if there is internet connectivity issue.
- It can also arise if there is cache problem in your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
Now, let’s move towards How to Fix Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
How To Fix Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch:
There are six solutions to fix Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. They are as listed below.
Solution 1 – Test your Internet Connection:
Check you internet connection by opening a webpage in Safari. If there is some difficulty in opening the webpage, then you need to troubleshoot your internet connection. If everything seems fine and still you are facing Netflix error 1012, then follow below solution.
Solution 2 – Restart your iOS Device:
If there is some cache problem in your iPhone or iPad, then restarting your iOS device would be an ideal choice to fix it. So, restart you device and see if it works. If it does not work, then go for below solutions.
Solution 3 – Reset the Netflix App:
If there is some outdated information stored in your Netflix app, then it can create problem if you are trying to connect with their servers. So, it’s always wise to reset the app in that case. To know How to reset the Netflix app, follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings menu from the Home screen of your iOS device.
- Swipe down and look for Netflix app.
- Click on Netflix app.
- Now, slide the Reset toggle to the ON position.
- Now, go back to Home Screen and open Netflix app.
- Enter your Netflix login credentials.
I hope your problem would be resolved now. If it doesn’t, then follow below solutions.
Solution 4 – Reinstall the Netflix App:
If you are using an outdated version of Netflix app, it would create a problem in streaming your Movie or TV show. So, install the latest version of the app. To do so, follow below steps.
- Press and hold your Netflix app on the Home Screen until it shakes.
- Now, click on X option at the top left corner of the Netflix icon, then choose Delete option.
- Once the uninstall process completes, go back to Home Screen.
- Now, open Apple App Store and search for Netflix (Netflix Inc.)
- Tap on the Netflix icon and click on Install button.
- Once the installation procedure completes, open it and enter your login credentials.
This would most probably solve Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. If you are still facing this problem, then go further to below solutions.
Solution 5 – Power Cycle your Network Connection:
Follow below steps to power cycle your network connection in order to troubleshoot your modem and router.
- Disconnect the network connection from your iOS device.
- Unplug your router and modem from power supply (for about 30 seconds).
- Plug in your modem and wait till all new indicator lights stops blinking.
- Now, plugin in your router and wait till all new indicator lights stops blinking.
- Connect your iOS device with the network and see if it helps.
If somehow you are still hung up with Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, then you are left with last solution to try with.
Solution 6 – Switch your Internet Connection:
Many a times, switching internet connection can help you fix several errors. So, if you are using WiFi connection, switch to Mobile Data and if you are using Mobile data, try switching to WiFi connection.
I hope it will help you solve Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Here comes the end to this tutorial blog, friends! I hope one of the solutions mentioned above would have helped you to Fix Netflix Error 1012 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Do not forget to share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or any other social profiles. If you have still any query regarding Netflix Error 1012 on iOS Devices, just drop me your query at the comment box. I will get back to you as soon as possible. To get more useful tutorials, Subscribe to our Newsletter. See you next time. Goodbye!