How To Increase Copy Paste Speed in Windows 7/8/XP
Are you searching for How To Increase Copy Paste Speed in Windows 7/8/XP? If yes, then you have come to the right webpage. I have shared some efficient tricks to increase copy paste speed in Windows 7/8/XP.
In our day-to-day life, we are often caught in a situation when you are in hurry and you need to copy files from your HDD to USB as fast as possible. But, unfortunately, slow copy paste speed of your Windows 7/8/XP disappoints you a lot. Well, at that particular instant of time.. you cannot do anything about it but if you get prepared from earlier, you can avoid this wastage of time.
As we all know that most people use Windows 7 in their PC and all for the right reason. But there is a fact that often disappoints Windows 7 user – Windows 7’s File Copy Dialogue Box is Okay, just okay.
It is not much efficient while copying a large number of files. If you want to know why, here are some explanation for this fact.
- If you are caught in any file conflict or error while copying files, Windows 7 would stop the entire process.
- The traditional file copying dialogue box of Windows 7 does not have a pause-resume option.
- It often gets freeze when handling error simultaneously.
- While copying a large number of files, the whole process slows down.
- It does not have an interactive file list with shell integration.
- It has moderate file management operation.
- It cannot utilize the maximum possible copy paste speed.
Luckily, all these features were added in Windows 8 which gave rise to a powerful and interactive copy paste technique. But one cannot change its whole OS just to increase copy paste speed in Windows 7/XP. That’s why I am sharing this tweaks and trick to increase copy paste speed in Windows. It would also be useful for Windows 8 users too.
Follow below methods to increase copy paste speed in Windows 7/8/XP.
Learn How To Increase Copy Paste Speed in Windows 7/8/XP:
There are four tricks to increase copy paste speed in Windows 7/8/XP. They are as listed below:
1. Prefer Using Keyboard Shortcuts or Drag-Drop option:
Most people use file copying command within Windows Explorer which is not bad for copying small group of files. But, if you’re copying a large number of files, it is not much efficient. The file management operation of Windows Explorer command is not much resourceful. Therefore, prefer using keyboard shortcuts or Drag-Drop option. It would eventually increase copy paste speed due to its resourceful file management operation. You could use the below important shortcuts for copy-paste operations:
- Ctrl+C – Copy the selected files and folders.
- Ctrl+X – Cut the selected files and folders.
- Ctrl+V – Paste the copied or cut files and folders.
You could also use the Drag-Drop operation to increase copy paste speed in Windows 7/8/XP. Just right-click on the file, drag it and drop it at the destination directory.
2. Copy Paste Files Using Teracopy:
Teracopy is one of the most powerful third-party software to increase copy paste speed in Windows 7/8/XP. It is a free tool used by millions of users all around the world. It increases the copying speed by reducing the HDD seek time operation by using Dynamically Adjusted Buffers (DAB). Beside from this, it also offers a lot of features listed below:
- Pause and resume file transfer activities.
- Error recovery.
- Interactive file list.
- Shell integration.
- Full Unicode Support.
- Schedule Automatic Shutdown option.
- Copy Paste speed booster.
- Integrated support for all windows.
- It can be set as default handler in place of Windows explorer handler.
- It skips bad files during the copying process and displays at the end of task completion.
- It also checks the copied files for errors by calculating their CRC checksum values.
In short, Teracopy is the whole package tool to boost copy paste speed in Windows 7/8/XP. You can download Teracopy from the below link.
3. Copy Paste Using Talent Copy V:
Talent copy V is yet another software to increase copy paste speed in windows 7/8/XP. It has simple and elegant interface which makes it interactive for a newbie too. It could accelerate your copy pasted speed by 3 times your normal speed. It uses a powerful algorithm that enables it to detect the power of your processor and use it to speed up the copy. Thus, you can quickly copy paste a file regardless of its size. But it needs a minimum 512 MB RAM to work in your PC. Now, let’s see some of the amazing features of Talent Copy V:
- It is easy to use and efficient enough to boost up your copy paste speed.
- It has the option to pause-resume the copying operation.
- It has an interactive interface with detailed information of the copying process.
- It gets integrated as the option in the context menu of any file stating “Paste with Talent Copy”.
- The faster and strong your PC’s hardware is, the faster is the copy paste speed.
Talent Copy V is another tool to increase copy paste speed in windows 7/8/XP. You can download this software from the below link.
4. Use the Robocopy command in a Batch file script:
Since the release of Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows have included a command-line tool to the OS known as “Robocopy” or “Robust File Copy”. This command copies files faster than Windows 7’s graphical copy operation. If you are a non-programmable person, then do no go for this option, you could use any of the above option. If you want to try something new, then you can choose this method to increase copy paste speed in Windows 7/8/XP.
You can run the Robocopy command using command prompt. To know more about Robocopy, read the Robocopy documentation on Microsoft’s Website. You would also find a list of many command-line options of this tool.
That’s it for now, friends!! If you know any other method to increase copy paste speed in windows 7/8/XP, feel free to share it with us. If you have any query regarding How To Increase Copy Paste Speed in Windows 7/8/XP, drop me your doubts through comment box. I hope you like this article “How To Increase Copy Paste Speed in Windows 7/8/XP“. Do share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or any other social Profiles. Till then, it’s time to say good-bye! 🙂