How To Delete Google Play Store Account from Android Phone
Do you want to know How To Delete Google Play Store Account from Android Phone? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Google Play Store is the largest Android apps marketplace in the world. Every day millions of users use Google Play Store to download ebooks, movies, games, apps on their Android phones. However, sometimes, for some reason, people need to Delete Google Play Store Account. If you are in the same situation, then read below to know How To Delete Google Play Store Account from Android Phone.
I will be dividing this tutorial into two sections:
- How To Delete Google Play Store Account from Android Phone: This section will include How to delete/remove Google Play Store just from your android phone. It won’t delete your Google Play Store account. Your Google Play Store account will still be active and can be used anytime.
- How to Permanently Delete Google Play Store Account: This section will include How to delete your Google Play Store Account permanently. Your Google Play Store account will get inactive and you will not be able to use it again. All your data and contents will also be deleted.
Please make sure to you use which option as the changes will be physical and irreversible. It will be hard to get your account back again. Now, without further ado, let’s start with the first section of the tutorial.
How To Delete Google Play Store Account from Android Phone:
Follow the below steps to know How To Delete/Remove Google Play Store Account from Android Phone.
- First of all, open your device’s Settings app.
- Now, click on Users & Accounts option.
- Here, click on the Google Account you want to remove.
- Now, click on Remove Account option as shown in the below image.
- You will be asked to enter your device’s pattern, PIN, or password for security. Enter it. Wait for some time. Your account will be deleted/removed from your Android phone.
Note: Settings can vary by device and android version.
That’s it. You’ve successfully deleted Google Play Store Account from Android Phone. Now, let’s move to the second section of this tutorial.
How to Permanently Delete Google Play Store Account:
Deleting your Google Play Account is a very easy process but is a very risky too. Make sure to back up all your important data and contents. To know How to do it, follow the below steps.
How To Backup Your Google Play Store Account Data:
- First of all, login to your Google account using your PC and open Google Account Settings using this link – accounts.google.com.
- Now, search for Personal info & privacy tab and click on Control your content option.
- Now, click on Create archive option.
- Here, you will see the list of all Google Products. Now, just turn ON the Google Products related to your Google Play Store Account like Google Play Store, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Games Services, Google Play Console, Google Play Books, etc. If you want to delete your whole Google Account, then turn ON all the options.
- Scroll down and click on Next button.
- You can then choose the file type of the archive and where you want to save it. You can also opt to get a download link via email or save it to cloud services like Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox.
- Wait for some time until it’s done. Depending on the amount of data, it will take a while.
That’s it. You are all backed up. Now, Follow the below steps to know How To Permanently Delete Google Play Store Account.
How To Delete Google Play Store Account:
- Go to accounts.google.com.
- Now, look for Account Preferences tab and click on Delete your account or services option.
- If you want to delete the whole Google account, then click on Delete Google Account and data option. If you want to delete just Google Play Store Account or a specific product, then click on Delete Products option. You may be asked to re-enter your password.
- Depending on your selection, You will see an option to back up your data here as well, followed by a comprehensive list of all the content you will be losing access to when you delete your Google account.
- If you wish to delete the whole account, at the end of the page, there are two acknowledgments you will have to accept before you can tap on the Delete Account button to permanently delete your Google account.
- If you wish to delete some particular Google Product, just select it from the list of services.
That’s it for now, friends! I hope you liked this tutorial “How To Delete Google Play Store Account from Android Phone“. Do not forget to share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. To get more such useful articles via email, Subscribe to our Newsletter. If you have any further questions about How To Delete Google Play Store Account from Android Phone, feel free to ask me by commenting below. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, Ciao!