Google Play Store Error 504 in Android While Downloading Apps – Fixed
Many android users are facing Google Play Store Error 504 while downloading apps from Play Store. This error is also known as “Gateway Timeout Error” as it is related to slower internet connection. If you are also facing this error in your android phone, do not worry. I have prepared this tutorial to illustrate How to Fix Google Play Store Error 504 While Downloading Apps.
Normally, Google Play Store Error 504 is rare to encounter but once it appears on your screen, it is not easy to get away with it. Although, it has some easy fixes but most of the time it does not work until you change your internet connection. Anyway, I have shared those fixes at the below context.
How To Fix Google Play Store Error 504 in Android While Downloading Apps:
There are five solutions to fix Google Play Store Error 504 in android. They are as listed below.
Fix 1 – Restart your android phone:
Most of the time, a simple reboot can fix many of the android problems. So, try restarting your android phone and see if it works. If it does not, do not worry, go for the below fixes.
Fix 2 – Clear Cache and Data:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps or Application Manager option.
- Now, swipe-right further to open All tab.
- Scroll down and search for Google Play Store option. Click on it.
- Here, you will see two buttons – Clear Cache and Clear Data. Click on them.
- Now, go back to All tab and follow the same steps for Google Services Framework and Download Manager.
Now, try downloading apps from Google Play Store and see if it works. If not, go for below fixes.
Fix 3 – Re-configure your Google Account:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Google option under Accounts section.
- Noe, click on your Google account and select Remove Account option.
- Now, restart your android phone and re-configure your Google account.
Hopefully, it will solve Google Play Store Error 504. If still you are facing this error then go for Fix 4.
Fix 4 – Change your internet connection:
As I said, this error is mainly caused due to slow internet connection. So, try changing your internet connection and see if it works. If you are still seeing this error, then there is only last option left which you can try i.e. Factory Reset your android phone.
Fix 5 – Factory Reset Your Android Phone:
NOTE: Factory Reset means it will wipe all your Data and Settings from your android phone. So, before opting for this method, backup all your important data.
- Open Settings.
- Now, under Personal section, tap on Backup & Reset option. You will be asked to enter PIN, password or pattern (if you have set any).
- Now, tap on Reset option.
- It will ask you to Erase everything from your phone’s internal storage. Click on it.
- Wait for some time until the whole process is finished.
- Once, everything is done, re-configure your android phones.
To know more about Factory Reset in Android, [Click Here].
It will surely solve Google Play Store Error 504 in your android phone.
I hope this article “Google Play Store Error 504 in Android While Downloading Apps – Fixed” was helpful to you. Do not forget to share this tutorial with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive more android solutions via e-mail. If you have any further questions regarding Google Play Store Error 504 in Android phones, feel free to ask me by commenting below. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, Ciao!