Google Play Store Error 101 While Downloading Apps – Fixed
I am recently receiving a lot of complains about Google Play Store Error 101 While Downloading Apps in android phones. Therefore, I thought to share a detailed tutorial guide to fix this error.
Google Play Store Error 101 is one of the most oldest and notorious error which is usually seen in android version 4.0 or less. In this error, whenever a user tries to download an app from Google Play Store, error 101 pops up on their screen from nowhere and cancels the download stating “App could not be downloaded due to an error.(-101)”. Despite trying every approach, this error does not seem to go away easily. However, it has very solutions depending upon the causes of this error. So, let’s look at some of the main causes of Google Play Store Error 101 While Downloading Apps in android phones.
Causes of Android Error 101 While Downloading Apps from Google Play Store:
- Error 101 usually arises due to data crash problem or cache problem in Google Play Store.
- It can also arise due to Gmail authentication problem.
These are the two main reasons for Google Play Store Error 101 While Downloading Apps in your android phones. To know How to Fix this error, follow the below solutions.
Solutions To Fix Google Play Store Error 101 in Android Phones:
There are three solutions to fix android error 101 while downloading apps from Google Play Store. They are as listed below.
Solution 1 – Clear Cache and Data of Google apps:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and look for Application Manager option. Click on it.
- Now, swipe right to open All tab.
- Now, scroll down and search for Google Play Store option. Click on it.
- Now, you will see three buttons here. At first, click on Force Stop button, then click on Clear Cache button and at the end click on Clear Data button.
- Now, follow the same steps for Google Play Services, Google Services Framework, Download Manager and Downloads (if you see some residue data and cache).
That’s it. You’re done. Now, open google play store and check if android error 101 is fixed or not. If you still facing this error, then follow the below solution.
Solution 2 – Re-configure your Google Account:
- Go to Settings.
- Now, under Accounts section, click on Google option.
- Click on your Google account and remove it.
- Now, restart your android phone.
- Again go to Settings.
- Under Accounts section, click on + Add Account option.
- Then, click on Google option and configure your Gmail account.
That’s it. You’re done. Now, open google play store and check if Google Play Store error 101 is fixed or not. If you still facing this error, then follow the below solution.
Solution 3 – Switch your internet connection:
If you are still facing Google Play Store error 101 in your android phone, then try switching your internet connection. If you are using WiFi connection, switch to mobile data connection or vice-versa.
I hope it will solve your problem.
I hope this article “Google Play Store Error 101 While Downloading Apps – Fixed” was helpful to you. If you have any other query regarding Google Play Store Error 101, feel free to contact me by commenting below. Do not forget to share this article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. To get our latest posts via email, Subscribe to our Newsletter. Till then, Ciao!