Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows – Top 5 Free Software List
Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows – Top 5 Free Software List: If you’re a music lover, then GarageBand would not be a new word to you. It is a quite popular audio creation app available on only iOS and Mac platform. Whether you are an amateur or a professional music producer, this would be a must-app in your smartphone. Well, you can’t say that it is the best DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) for professionals but if you want a portable DAW to record, play and learn then it is the best choice. However, no matter how good this app is, still the developers have not launched it to other platforms. So in desperate need, people look out for
Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows – Top 5 Free Software List.
Though people find out a way to Download GarageBand for Windows PC, but some professionals do not prefer it as they do not get official support from the devs in case of an issue. So, the other workaround is to look out for the best alternatives. If you’re one of those seekers, then read further to know more about the Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows.
Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows – Top 5 Free Software List:
I will be sharing a detailed list of Best Free GarageBand Alternatives for Windows with their Pros and Cons. Furthermore, this will help you in choosing the right app depending upon need.
LMMS is an open-source cross-platform DAW and is one of the best alternatives to GarageBand. It has a user-friendly UI which lets you create music without much fuzz. Additionally, this app features some amazing plugins to add instrument and loop effects along with samples, preset, SoundFont support and VST.
- It is free and open-source.
- It has a friendly UI which makes it easy to operate.
- A lot of features with SoundFont support.
- VST Database is not so big.
- Limited plugin-in compatibility.
- Not a big pool of instruments baked in.
LMMS is best for those people who are into music production for basic covers, instrumentals, and background score.
2. Pro Tools:
Pro Tools is one of the Best Free GarageBand Alternatives for Windows. It is available in both free as well as paid versions. The free version consists of some basic tools which is good enough to create a whole music. If you’re new to music composing, then Pro Tools would be the best app which can give you strong music visibility.
- Advanced monitoring capabilities.
- Also, it has over 60 plugins included with cloud collaboration.
- Advanced features like Track Freeze and MIDI editing enhancements are available.
- Limited Loop Library.
- Most of the features are included in the paid version.
- In-built plugins aren’t so good.
Ideal Use: If you are new to music composing and needs good visibility, the Pro Tools should be your choice.
3. Soundation Studio:
Soundation Studio stands third in the list of Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows. It is also available in both free and paid version. However, the free version has got all the features that a newbie or a professional would like to see in a music composing tool. Also, it has some real-time effects, around 700 sounds, loops, virtual instruments, recording and editing option, and lots more.
- Along with composing, it is a great music editing tool too.
- Extensive features to create some of the finest and peppy music.
- You can create music online.
- Advanced features get unlocked in the paid version.
- Does not have access to premium sounds.
- The free version is not so intensive for professional use.
: If you are in search of a free app to record and edit audio as a novice, Soundation Studio comes to the rescue.
4. T6 DAW by Tracktion:
It is one of the Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows platform. It is absolutely free but has a higher paid version. Although you can do basic music production without even spending a penny, but in order to use the advanced features, you have to purchase it separately.
- It is free to use with an easy UI.
- Additionally, this tool features some advanced options like MIDI controls, in-line step sequencing, and clip nesting.
- It is also available on Linux platform.
- Some features need to be purchased separately.
- It lacks 3rd Party Plugin integration.
5. Music Maker JAM:
Music Maker JAM stands fifth in the list of Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows. It is a free app and is also available on Android and iOS platform. Furthermore, Music Maker JAM is a well-developed app which gives the required output as expected by the end-user. It also has some in-app purchases in case you’re looking for more options.
- It is a free cross-platform app.
- Music Maker JAM is a simple music-producing tool with an easy UI.
- Also, this app contains some cool features which can amaze you.
- Lacks a lot of options and features.
- Limited music genres and effects.
There are some Best Paid GarageBand Alternatives for Windows too which are even better than the former. If you have a budget, then you can go for one of the below apps.
- Studio One.
- Mixcraft 8.
- FL Studio 20.
I hope you liked this article “Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows – Top 5 Free Software List“. Do share your views and opinions via below comment box. I will be happy to hear from you. Also, feel free to contact me if you have any query regarding Best GarageBand Alternatives for Windows – Top 5 Free Software List. Also, do not forget to share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any other social profiles. To get more such interesting posts via email, Subscribe to our Newsletter. Till then, Ciao! 🙂